Some scholars, ethicists, and animal rights organizations have raised concerns over keeping Pets News because of the lack of autonomy and the objectification of non-human animals. Department of Agriculture – Animal and Plant Inspection Service (USDA-APHIS)website to review country requirements for pet arrival. Pet certification requirements vary from country to country. A few countries simply require the veterinarian who examines your pet to be licensed in the state of origin, and no USDA endorsement of the veterinarian’s examination statement is required. There have been cases where a country does not require a certification, but a particular airline does. There is a USDA endorsement fee per certificate for cats and dogs.
- Our mission is to provide empowering, evidence-based mental health content you can use to help yourself and your loved ones.
- Please visit OBC Returning to the United States with Pets and USDA-APHIS Bring your pet into the United States from a foreign country webpages.
- Thanks to the efforts of this community, we save over 95% of our sheltered animals each year.
- Pets have a considerable environmental impact, especially in countries where they are common or held in high densities.
- Contact Special Assistance to request travel with a cat or dog